1. Even if all the various projects — the Birmingdome, the Fair Park Yuppie Center, etc. — were built, there would not be nearly enough major facilities in town to hold the Olympics.
2. The Olympics are fearfully expensive and have driven larger cities than Birmingham to bankruptcy. There is not enough of a population base to support the Olympics.
3. It is quite likely that Chicago will win the 2016 bid, which means that North America is out for 2020.
4. There is a bias towards big cities — because of points one and two.
5. You are completely and utterly insane.